How to add Nameservers to a Sub-Domain
You require root access to be able to add Nameservers to a sub-domain.
If you have a shared hosting service, please open a Support Ticket so we can complete this for you.
To add nameservers to a subdomain in WHM, follow these steps:
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- In the search bar, type "DNS Zone Manager" and select the corresponding option.
- Click on 'Manage' next to the main domain for which you want to add the nameservers (e.g. if you want to add Nameservers to sub.yourdomain.com, select 'Manage' next to yourdomain.com).
- Click on the dropdown next to "Add Record", and select "Add NS record"
- Enter the sub-domain under Name, and add the Nameservers under Record.
- Click "Save Record".
After completing these steps, the subdomain and its associated nameservers will be added to your DNS zone.
Thank you for your feedback on this article.