Adding additional Authorised (sub) Contacts
Adding additional contacts to your account is a great way to ensure web-developers or additional staff members who manage your services can access your account, our support and reduce delays when you need us most!
To add sub contacts to your account please follow the steps below:
- Log into the Crucial Control Panel
- Click My Accoun on the top navigation bar
- You will see the option View & Manage Contact section
- Click Add Contact, a pop-up will show, allowing you to add an additional contact
- Select the preferences you are after (see note below)
- Note the "Tick to configure as a sub-account with client area access" checkbox. If selected, this person will be able to log into the Crucial Control Panel and make changes, in much the same way you can.
If you want this person to receive chat, ticket and phone support only, and not have access to view or modify the account themselves via the Crucial Control Panel, do not check this box.
- Click Submit Change
- Repeat the above procedure if you need to add multiple contacts
: Be careful when selecting email preferences as depending on those setting contacts will receive different emails providing varying levels of access to your account (e.g. password resets, invoices, etc.).
As a general rule just adding the contact, with all email preferences and the "Tick to configure as a sub-account with client area access" checkboxes un-ticked
is usually a safe bet.
Did you find this article useful?