Using Crucial's Security Pin for Verification
Crucial has a custom Security PIN system which is used to verify the identity of our Customers over phone and email.
Where is my PIN?
If you already have any PINs set up, they will be visible on the home page when you log into your account on the Crucial Control Panel.
Access the Crucial Control Panel here: https://control.crucial.com.au
How do I setup, change or remove a PIN?
If you do not have a pin setup, you will see the following when you log into your account.
Setting up or changing a pin is easy.
- Once logged in, click on the Security Pins bar to expand it.
- To Generate a PIN click, on the 'Generate' button, next to the PIN type you want to generate.
Note: If a PIN already exists, clicking Generate will change it to a new one.
- To clear a PIN click on the 'Clear' button
Types of security PINs
There are 2 different Security PIN codes available for verification:
The One-Time pin is the most secure, time-sensitive method while the master pin is better suited to individuals who may have multiple sub-contacts.
- Master pin - This pin never expires and can be re-generated at anytime.
- One-Time pin - This pin expires in 24 hours from generation.
What's the right PIN for me?
This ultimately comes down to your situation.
As the Security PINs are generated from the Crucial Account login, only the Account Holder and any Sub-Accounts will be able to generate them.
- If you have a lot of Sub-Contacts you would also be best suited to a master pin.
- If you have sub accounts and you want high security for your account then the One-Time pin would best suit you.
Anyone who is a Sub-Contact will need to obtain a valid Security PIN from someone with the access to generate these.
Also note that the Security PINs are tied to the account and not the person. If you are listed as a sub-contact on multiple accounts, you will need a valid PIN for each account.
To verify yourself all you need to do is log into the Crucial Control Panelbefore you contact us, generate a Security PIN in 1 click then provide this 5 digit number to our support team.