How do I find another provider's EPP code?
As part of transferring a domain to us, you will need to supply the EPP code for the domain. This can also be referred to as the Domain Password or Auth Code, and provides us authority to move your domain over to us. If your domain is managed with us instead of another company, use this guide
to find your EPP code.
Once you have the EPP code, you can use this guide
to start a transfer. If you've already started a transfer, you can use this guide
to resubmit an EPP code.
To retrieve an EPP code for a ".au" domain name, use this link
and the code will be sent via email to the registrant's email address.
For all other domain names, we've tried to keep a running list to help you out in obtaining the EPP code. This is by no means an exhaustive list of all domain providers, and any updates that other providers make to their websites may break these steps. If you are unsure of how to get this information, contact your current provider. We'd also love to know if any of this information has changed.
- Log into your Cheap Domains account.
- Click on 'Domains' in the top left of the page.
- Click on 'Registry Key' on the domain.
- The Domain Password will then appear.
- Log into your Account Manager.
- Click 'Domains' along the top row of icons.
- On the Manage page, click the domain name in question.
- On the blue 'Domain Name' header, click the Menu button (☰).
- Click 'Registry Key'.
- A popup will appear. The password displayed is the EPP Code.
- Enter your domain name in the fields 'quickly manage this domain'.
- Click 'General settings'.
- Click 'Email Auth Code to Registrant'.
- The Registrar will send the code to the admin contact within minutes.
- In the My Products section, click 'Domains'.
- Click the domain for which you want to retrieve the authorisation code.
- In the Authorisation Code field, click the 'Send by Email' hyperlink.
- Click 'OK'.
- Click 'OK' again.
- Log into your Melbourne IT MyAccount, and enter your username and password.
- Click 'Manage Domain Names' under the 'Manage Domain Names' section of the Console.
- Click the domain name you wish to retrieve the Authorisation Code for.
- On the Domain Management page, towards the left of the console under 'Overview' click 'Recover Domain Password'.
- A confirmation message will be displayed above indicating that your Authorisation Code will be sent to your Administrative email within the next 72 hours.
- Log into your Account
- Locate 'Administer/Upgrade domain' along the left hand side of the page.
- Search for and select the domain.
- Click 'Manage Domain'.
- Click on the domain name.
- Click ‘Show’ next to ‘EPP Password’.
- If you have a .au domain, you will need to click on 'View', located next to Current domain password (Auth-Info) in order to see your auth code.
- Log into your Network Solutions Account.
- Click the 'Domains' left menu tab.
- Click 'Manage Domain' Names.
- Click the domain name that you want to manage.
- In the Domain Protect row, click 'Turn Off and Request Authorization'.
- Click the 'Off' radio button.
- Click 'Save'.
All company logos are trademarked and copyright to their respective companies.
- Click on the 'Domain Extras' option
- You will retrieve the auth code from the 'Domain Authorisation Information' option
Did you find this article useful?