Generate a CSR from cPanelStep 1
- Login to your cPanel account and go the SSL/TLS.Step 2
- Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests
- Leave the Key Size
as 2,048 bits.
Ensure you provide accurate and truthful information as the details are reviewed by the Certificate Authority.
- Domains - Provide the Fully Qualified Domain Names that you wish to secure. If you are using a wildcard certificate use *domain.com
- City - City of the associated business or site owner.
- State - State of the associated business / site owner.
- Country - Country of associated business / site owner
- Company / Organization Name - This should be your business or organisation name. If this is for a personal site, then just put your site's name for example.
- Company Division - This is generally used to identify which company / business department, team is responsible. For example 'Technology'.
- Email Address - Email contact for SSL configuration. Can be a distribution list.
- Passphrase - This is an optional field, only use it if your Certificate Authority requires it.
- Description - This is also an optional field, feel free to include a description of the SSL certificate.
- After you are done filling in the information, click on Generate
on the bottom to generate the CSR.Step 5
- Copy the details within Encoded Certificate Signing Request.